There are several options for obtaining the Golden Visa in Dubai and the UAE.
Source: UAE Cabinet Resolution No. 56 of 2018
The Golden Visa is a long-term residence visa that was launched by the UAE government in 2019.
As a reminder, investor or employee visas have renewable terms of 2 years (previously the term was 3 years in some cases).
Originally, the Golden Visa was granted to specific categories of residents. They were considered to have made an exceptional contribution to the country. Today, the authorities have relaxed the criteria and the scope of eligibility has been considerably broadened.
The main advantages of the Golden Visa
The Golden Visa gives you access to a number of advantages:
– It gives you the possibility to obtain a residence visa for a period ranging from 5 to 10 years;
– It gives you the possibility to stay outside the country for more than 6 months without your residence visa being cancelled;
– It is not necessary to renew it every 2 years;
– It gives you the possibility to be your own sponsor (your residence will not depend on a sponsor, such as an employer for example);
– It allows you to live, work or study in the UAE;
– It allows you to hire as many household staff as you wish;
– If the holder of the Golden Visa dies, his family will be able to benefit from the Golden Visa until its expiration (no risk of cancellation of the visa after the death);
– It allows you to obtain the ESAAD card issued by Dubai Police and which was then reserved only for Emiratis (they offer you discounts on restaurants, hotels, stores, etc.).
Who can apply for the Golden Visa?
The purchase of one or more properties in the United Arab Emirates entitles you to a Golden Visa. The condition to apply for it depends on the total amount of your property purchased. This amount must be greater than or equal to AED 2 million and entitles you to the Golden Visa for a period of 10 years.
Entrepreneurs can apply for the Golden Visa if at least one of the following three conditions is met:
– Be a partner or owner of a start-up registered as an SME in the UAE and the business must generate annual revenues of at least AED 1 million ;
– The entrepreneur must have sold a project for more than AED 7 million;
– The applicant has obtained a start-up license from an official business incubator.
3- Exceptional talent
Exceptional talents are eligible for the Golden Visa if they have received a recommendation or approval from a government entity such as Dubai Culture, DTCM, etc.
The following profiles are considered exceptional talents
– Talents in vital fields such as culture, art, sports and digital technology.
The Golden Visa can be obtained without conditions of salary, education, level or professional status.
All scientists who are influential in their fields or have made great achievements are eligible for the Golden Visa if they have received a recommendation from the Emirates Council of Scientists.
Applicants must have a PhD or Master’s degree in the fields of engineering, technology, life sciences and natural sciences from the best universities in the world, as well as significant research results.
The Golden Visa can also be applied for by highly qualified professionals with high levels of education and professional experience.
This category applies to many disciplines, such as:
– Science and engineering;
– Information Technology;
– Business and administration;
– Social sciences.
Requirements for this category:
– Have an employment contract in the UAE;
– Have a classification in the first or second professional level according to the MoHRE;
– Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
– Monthly salary of at least AED 30,000.
6- Exceptional students and graduates
There are 2 categories of students/graduates:
– At the Emirates level, exceptional students from the secondary education system and universities are eligible for the Golden Visa. Also eligible are high school students who have obtained an average of at least 95% in the secondary school certificate in public or private schools in the country;
– For foreigners, only top graduates of the world’s top 100 universities with a GPA of 3.8 and above are eligible.
There are several requirements to meet:
– Academic achievement/GPA;
– The year of graduation;
– The classification of the university.
Note that the families of these students will also be eligible for this Golden Visa.
7- Humanitarian Pioneers
All members of international or regional charitable organizations as well as members of public utility associations are considered humanitarian pioneers and are eligible for the Golden Visa.
The following categories are also eligible for the Golden Visa:
– Award winners in the humanitarian and charitable sectors;
– Recognized volunteers who contribute to humanitarian, crisis and charitable efforts.
8- Frontline Heroes
Eligible for the Golden Visa are all health care personnel and other frontline workers who assist in extraordinary circumstances such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
WHAT ARE THE FEES FOR THE GOLDEN VISA IN DUBAI?
The fees to be expected are as follows:
– Medical Check: AED 700
– Emirates ID: AED 1153
– New Visa: AED 2706.75
– DLD Fees: AED 4020
– Administrative fees: AED 3255
The total is therefore AED 11 834.75 for 10 years.
How to apply for a Golden Visa in the United Arab Emirates?
If you fall into any of the above categories, you will have the opportunity to obtain the Golden Visa in the UAE.
You can use this tool to check if you are eligible for the Golden Visa or not: check your eligibility here !