Tax residence certificate
It is possible to obtain a Tax Residency Certificate in the UAE. It is called Tax Residency Certificate (TRC) or Tax Domicile Certificate (TDC).
This document is usually requested when a person applies to benefit from the advantages of the tax treaties signed by the Emirates (for example to receive dividends from a foreign company to benefit from a reduced withholding tax rate).
To obtain it, the following is required:
– Copy of passport and valid visa issued at least 180 days before
– Copy of the Emirates identity card
– 6 months of personal bank statements in the UAE, stamped by the bank
– Proof of income in the UAE, e.g. employment contract, share certificate, salary certificate.
– Immigration report showing all entries and exits from the UAE.
– Certified copy of lease agreement or title deed, valid for at least three months prior to application
Costs to be expected
The cost of the Authorities is AED 2,003.
If our assistance is needed, the cost is AED 1,500.
The cost of the Authorities is AED 10,010.
If our assistance is needed, the cost is AED 2,000.